We have a new Location at 309 W 8th St #5, Palisade, Colorado Use Coupon Code "Bonniesbalms12yr" at checkout for free shipping

Bonnies Medicine Woman Story

Posted by Bonnie Lyons on

I began my journey into medicine back when I was a little girl growing up. My Grandfather was a medicine man and a Jet mechanic. Being an employee of Delta back in day, gave him and grandma huge freedom to travel all over the world. Grandpa had an air of mischief and mystery surrounding him. He had huge, beautiful gardens and a Forbidden Zone Greenhouse in his back yard. I was never allowed in his Greenhouse or lab.

Mom had huge gardens in our backyard. The whole family and cousins and uncles all came over and helped build up each garden bed area and help plant all our food for the season. It was a beautiful childhood looking back. Daddy would share a pig, a cow with one of his farmer buddies every year for our meat. The milk man came to our house every other day. 7 kids in the family. My father was a fine finish house painter, an artist, plus so much more.
We had horses, a lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks, a houseboat, all kinds of boats, dirt bikes, lots of fun. Daddy always made sure we spent alot of time in the outdoors. Why? Because he loved the outdoors. He was a great father.

Then one day I met a man I thought was wonderful and married him. 1 year after we married I got pregnant an had my first child. Little did I realize my new husband was slipping into paranoid schizophrenia. I was raised Roman Catholic. He became increasingly jealous of our new son and became violent with me. He used to beat the shit out me. It was horrible. I had 2 more kids. I loved the kids. Tom beat me religiously every 3 months for 4 years. Afterwards he would rape me. I hated him. I'd walk around him at night afterwards with my Smith n Wesson 357 Magnum and think about blowing his head off.
I'd look into my kids rooms, shake my head and put my gun away.
He never touched the kids violently thank god. I'd have had to done something sinful had that happened. The last time he beat me and tried to smother me on the couch, I somehow got away. I somehow got away with a knife and ran a couple miles into a graveyard. I sat there beside the lake and talked to god inside my head while I cried. I felt trapped with this husband being a faithful roman catholic young woman. When he wouldn't answer I did what I came there to do. Tried to cut my throat, the knife was too dull, it wouldn't cut......
I heard God whisper in my ear: I have a plan for you my daughter. Put the knife down. Go home, get a divorce. I'd never thought to divorce my husband. So, I went home, acted like everything was okay and planned my exit strategy.

At that time, I had a thriving business in my name Tom's Exotic Aquatics. I owned and operated it myself fully. My husband was unemployable by then.
This is where I learned all about prescription Medicine. I ordered all my drugs for all my fresh and saltwater fish, reptiles, small animals from Dynapet. It came all carded up with my company name printed on the packages! One of my best customers was a  pharmacists. She educated me on what all these medicines did and how to use them. The rest I learned in books. People started bringing in their animals to get their nails clipped, shots, their snakes and reptiles sexed and wormed, mite treatments, operations on lizards, and snakes that needed help desperately ... Learned how breed many different kinds of snakes, lizards, frogs and fish. The Pet Shop was my safe zone. I loved it.

The Raytown, MO Police Officers and Other Officers would show up in a huge groups and I'd lock the door and feed all the reptiles for them. I met the chief of police this way. He took me under his wing and taught me how to protect myself and fight Ty Kwon Do. I loved martial arts. After I left my husband I needed good people like this looking out for me and my children.

This is the beginning of my story. Please come back tomorrow for more!



Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published